Lenovo, as we all know, is a very big name in the smartphone industry. We have seen that the company launches a bunch of smartphones every year. However, Lenovo has also made some decisions which did not go down well for the company. One of them is the decision to start a new sub-brand named as Lenovo Zuk. This was started by Lenovo as an internet-based lineup of smartphones.
Now why we call this as a failed decision is because the Lenovo Zuk series only saw two smartphones. These were the Lenovo Zuk Z1 and the Lenovo Zuk Z2/Z2 Plus. Now, we know that there will be no new smartphones released in Zuk series as confirmed by the company. As a result, we can guess that the software support on the Lenovo Zuk smartphones has been very limited.
Therefore, we know that the Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus may not get the Android 8.1 Oreo update anytime soon, if at all. But, we have some good news for you if you are a Zuk Z2 Plus users as we now have a new way to install Android 8.1 Oreo on your Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus. This is with the help of a custom ROM named as Dirty Unicorns. The latest version of Dirty Unicorns v12.2 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and is made available for Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus. To install this ROM, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below properly.
Also Read- The Lineage OS 15.1 Official Device List (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- First of all, keep in mind that it is very important to take an entire backup of your smartphone before installation of ROM. Thus, we strongly recommend you to take a backup as well.
- Also, make sure to charge your device to at least 70% or more so that there are no problems during the installation process.
- Your device should also be unlocked and you should have custom recovery installed. We recommend TWRP recovery to be installed on your device. If you have not installed custom recovery then do not proceed with the installation
- Dirty Unicorns v12.2 for Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus
- Open GApps for Android 8.1 Oreo
Steps to install Dirty Unicorns v12.2 based on Android 8.1 Oreo for Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus
- You have to read and understood the Prerequisites steps first of all in order to proceed.
- After that, make sure to complete all the Prerequisites steps. Now, we can proceed with the installation process.
- You need to go to the Downloads section above and download both the files attached above on your PC or smartphone.
- If the files are downloaded on your PC, transfer them to your smartphone for easy access. If not, skip this step
- Once the files are transferred, you need to boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- To go to the TWRP recovery, turn off your phone and press Power + Volume Down button for some seconds.
- Once you have entered TWRP, you need to go to TWRP’s Install section. Here, select the Dirty Unicorns v12.2 zip file that you downloaded from above.
- Now, click on the zip file and swipe right to flash the file. Now, select the GApps file too and flash it on your smartphone
- Once you see that the zip files have been flashed, reboot into system on your Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus.
- Once the smartphone has rebooted, you will see that the Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus is now running Android 8.1 Oreo-based Dirty Unicorns v12.2